< a="" />
AT38 conversion package for Toyota Hilux
AT38 Polar Conversion
With the AT38 modification the Hilux is ready to tackle most snow and ice conditions in Antarctica. The tire pressure can be adjusted to changing conditions, from soft snow to hard ice. Ice screws give the vehicle great traction on blue ice and the softness of the tires smoothens out uneven terrain providing a comfortable ride. While the capabilities have been improved the service and running cost is still similar to a standard Hilux.
The Hilux AT38 is a great vehicle for most coastal areas in Antarctica and is considerably less expensive than the Hilux AT44. Based on our experience, expected fuel consuption is 0.15-0.3 litres pr. kilometer in coastal areas.
Toyota Hilux AT38 was used to drive to the Magnetic North Pole with the British TV show Top Gear in 2007 where it carried the film crew 1400 kilometers, over sea ice, bolder fields and number of small islands. Toyota Hilux AT38 will be stationed at SANEA, the South African research station in Antarctica from 2011.
For more detailed information please contact us at email@example.com
AT38 Polar Contents
- Engine: 3,0L Diesel common rail 170hp/3600rpm/360Nm
- Filtration: Extra heavy duty fuel and air filtration
- Gearbox: 5 speed automatic
- Transfer case: Part time High and low range (2,566:1 in low)
- Differential locks: 100% (front and rear).
- Brakes front/rear: Disc/drum
- Tyres front/rear: 38x15.50R15
- Rim: Arctic Trucks 15x12,5 rim
- Suspension front/rear: Coil/long travel leaf springs
- Length: 5.255mm (+ 150mm for grille guard)
- Width: 2.160mm
- Height: 2.000mm (+170mm for roof rack).
- Wheelbase: 3.125mm
- Ground clearance: 450mm under belly (min. 346mm)
- Fuel tank: 160L
- Compressed air: integrated compressor
- EL: 12V generator 960W + extra battery
- Power outlets as requested.
- Tire pressure as low as 3 psi or 0,21 kg/cm3
- Weight approx. 2.150 kg, depending on specification